The hubspot blog has a great blog post talking about the shift in advertising environment from display advertising to blogging to social media and now back to blogging. We’ve seen that shift in healthcare IT marketing as well. Healthcare IT advertisers and marketers are incredibly interested in content marketing.
The hubspot post gives 13 reasons why the blog post is the new ad unit. This list provides a clear reason why advertisers and marketers are so interested in blog posts.
1) Blog posts are naturally optimized for organic search — and longer lasting!
2) Blog posts give you extended reach through social media.
3) Blog posts come with a permanent internet address.
4) Blog posts are hosts to other forms of media.
5) Blog posts are magnets for prospects
6) Blog posts provide pathways to qualified lead generation.
7) Blog posts are easily spreadable.
8) Blog posts help grow opt-in email lists.
9) Blog posts encourage engagement.
10) Blog posts naturally attract inbound links.
11) Blog posts increase website and landing page traffic.
12) Blog posts can expose you to new audiences through guest blogging.
13) Blog posts contribute to a lifetime “backlist.”